This page offers a press kit with background information on chef Bill Smith. In addition, it includes book jackets and an author photo.
Bill Smith Biography WORD format (56k)
High Resolution Bill Smith Photo -- Photo by Kinsley Dey TIF format (1mb)
Bill Smith Photos -- Photos by Dan Schumacher Zip file
High Resolution Book Jacket TIF format (800k)
PC USERS - Right click on links and select "save as".
MAC USERS - Control click on links and select "save as".
OTHER BOOKS & ARTICLES:
RECENT BOOKS with BILL SMITH'S RECIPES:
* Off the Beaten Path, by Morgan Murphy (Southern Progress, 2011)
* One Big Table, by Molly O'Neill (Simon and Schuster, 2010)
* Southern Pies, by Nancie McDermott (Chronicle Books, 2010)
* Southern Foodways Alliance Community Cookbook, edited by Sara Roahen & John T. Edge (UGA Press, 2010)
* A Love Affair With Southern Cooking, by Jean Anderson (Harper Collins, 2007)
ARTICLES BY BILL SMITH:
* Gravy, "The Cooks Who Giggle," by Bill Smith -- #36, Summer 2010 -- http://www.southernfoodways.com/images/Gravy_36.pdf
A FEW RECENT INTERVIEWS:
* Bill Smith and John T Edge on the Southern Foodways Alliance -- WUNC's The State of Things, December 8, 2010 -- http://wunc.org/programs/tsot/
* Foraging for Honeysuckle on the Libba Cotton Bike Trail -- w/ Kim Sunee -- Summer 2010 -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATlxvz_xWac
& SOME ARTICLES w/ RECIPES:
* "Tomato and Watermelon Salad" -- SAVEUR -- http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Watermelon-and-Tomato-Salad
* "House-Cured Corned Ham" -- SAVEUR -- http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Corned-Ham
* "Green Peach Salad" -- NEW YORK TIMES -- http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/22/dining/22appe.html
* "Scuppernong Sorbet" -- ALGONQUIN BOOKS BLOG -- http://www.algonquinbooksblog.com/2009/10/15/from-bill-smiths-kitchen-scuppernong-sorbet/